Life is good at this point in the season

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tiger

Feeling the Heat
Feb 3, 2014
Seabrook, MD (DC suburbs)
Sorry, cannot post about a problem, don't really have any.

Since the ignitor replacement, the Accentra fires up smartly, over the weekend it did so at about the 3-1/2 minute mark from switching it on, best ever. All it seems to need is cleaning the glass up when I get home before firing it up (a little Invisible Glass and a paper towel for 3-4 seconds) and of course feeding it (eventually I'll learn how to refill without spilling any pellets on the floor.

After a chilly weekend, really warming up here and if I can believe the extended forecasts, maybe only 1-2 more evenings' use in March and not sure what April will bring. I started the season with 2 tons plus 37 bags, I guess I have one ton plus 20-25 bags left. So I'll finish the season with enough left that I can buy less for next season (unless we get a crazy-cold winter for 2016-2017).

So 25 months after installation, I'm settling in to pellet stove ownership and use; overall I'm pleased.

:) :) :) :)

Reactions: bogieb
Status
Not open for further replies.