Mid-Atlantic (NY, PA, NJ, DE, MD, VA) Lignetics $344/ton Schnecksville, PA True Value +$10/ton delivery 11/24/23

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Did you or anyone else on this forum use these Lignetics? I'm running low on my pellets and a local seller has them for $299. I am wondering if they are any good as far as ash, fines, heat. Also, are there different versions of Lignetics based on location? You're in PA and I'm in N.W. Mass.

Not sure about your specific question but I have been burning Lignetics down here for the last couple of seasons. They are a fine pellet. I consider them to be entry level premium with wide availability at hardware stores and good pricing. That seems like a fantastic price. I would expect pellet prices to be higher in your area in general than here. I do like Hamers and Barefoot a little better, and would love to try a premium softwood sometime, but the price and delivery options need to be competitive.

Not sure about your specific question but I have been burning Lignetics down here for the last couple of seasons. They are a fine pellet. I consider them to be entry level premium with wide availability at hardware stores and good pricing. That seems like a fantastic price. I would expect pellet prices to be higher in your area in general than here. I do like Hamers and Barefoot a little better, and would love to try a premium softwood sometime, but the price and delivery options need to be competitive.
The price is for a limited supply end of season deal.

If you ever see Wood and Sons down your way I can highly recommend that pellet. They are a softwood with very low ash and burn very clean. I've been paying around 375 per ton this season for them and the extra cost over typical crap from big box stores is definitely worth it for me. Cleaning the stove is much easier and needs to be done less often.

I ask about differences in Lignetics due to location because sometimes the same brand originates from different mills and the differences in quality can be major. If no trouble for you, would you mind scanning a pic of the barcode on a bag of the Lignetics you are using? I could then verify that the ones up here are from the same mill as the ones you have.