Lined Wool Pant

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
The wife bought me the pants below for Christmas, since it will be colder tomorrow I'll have my first chance to wear them.

Spruce Green - 22 oz. 80% Wool, 20% Nylon.

The famous Johnson Woolen Mills Pant in Spruce Green is now even warmer! Lined with a soft, cozy warm microtherm. A 15 inch zipper near the bottom of each leg allows for easier boot access.

Johnson Wool is one of the best wool products on the market. Whether you are snow shoeing or hunting, these pants will stand the test of time. For work or play, these pants will keep you warm when you're outdoors weathering the elements. Made in the USA, the quality is unsurpassable.

Made in Vermont!
1578532936297.png

Great pants, I have a pair of Johnson pant that are 35 years old. I’ve worn them over the years for hunting ,snowshoeing, and snow removal. I haven’t used them for woodcutting because working in the wood is tough on clothes. I really like the new features they have on your pants , I bet they weren’t cheap.

Reactions: thewoodlands
I have a pair of the Labonville Woolrich logging pants but must admit I use the Labonville lined logging pants made out of Cordura. I do use the wood pants around bon fires as they dont melt like Cordura does.

Great pants, I have a pair of Johnson pant that are 35 years old. I’ve worn them over the years for hunting ,snowshoeing, and snow removal. I haven’t used them for woodcutting because working in the wood is tough on clothes. I really like the new features they have on your pants , I bet they weren’t cheap.
They cost some coin ($270.00) but I think they're well worth it. I didn't wear them today since I greased a few areas on the tractor .

I believe I ordered the waist bigger than I wear after reading some of the reviews, I'm glad I did since they seem to run small at the waist, the length seem fine. I'll get the size I ordered and what I usually wear in jeans tomorrow.

Was cold in the northeast yesterday so I wore my wool pants to work in the woods under my lightweight coveralls,, great pant was able to stay out all day, My wife picked them up at the end of the day and commented that they must weigh 5 pounds.