Best cold weather logging and firewood pants I have ever run into

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

peakbagger

Minister of Fire
Jul 11, 2008
Northern NH
I was over at Labonvilles black friday sale today (30% off for locals who had a coupon, 20% for everyone else). I noticed they had their insulated logger pants back in stock. They are made locally right next to the store in Gorham and I think Covid slowed production. They are some heavy grade Cordura nylon outside with quilted lining inside with 3/4 side zips with flaps so they can go on an off over heavy boots. Mine have heavy duty pockets and internal sleeves for Kevlar inserts for those who do not like chaps (note they do not offer the coverage a full chap does). The price has gone up but the quality still looks to be there. All the hardware including the zippers are heavy duty and they have the buttons for suspenders on the inside of the top of the pants.

Mine are 15 years old and still look like new. The only downside is that they like any other nylon pant is not great near campfire as embers will melt them and with the insulation in them you will not notice it.

I just noticed 25% off this weekend into cyber monday. The online catalog still says they are out of stock but I saw them in the store.

I’ve lost a pair boots to a campfire…. The feet feel nice and toasty until your buddies yell Holy ****! Your boots are on fire!

• Haha
Reactions: Sean McGillicuddy

As I said they are listed as out of stock but they had a few racks of them out at the headquarters store in Gorham NH today.

Snowmachine folks love them and snowmakers at the local resorts also use them. With a pair of Merino Wool long johns underneath they are bit too warm for active outdoor activities unless its real cold.

Reactions: Duds13