Lining Harper

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

WOODNUT358

Hearth Supporter
Aug 1, 2008
RI
Has anyone ever lined their Harper with aluminum? I was thinking of aluminum flashing so the pellets don’t hang up and using tiny metal stud self threaders. Is there any chance of hurting anything. I have a Harman XXV. Thanks.

What is it now? Mine's hopper is like tin, it's plated, and no sticking since 1992.

What is it now? Mine's hopper is like tin, it's plated, and no sticking since 1992.
Its galvanized 2008. Burn softwoods and they hang up pretty good. Cleaned, waxed and they still get stuck.

Heated wax maybe, I've never waxed it. Galvanized tin maybe.

Any silicone based polish, car or others should work, I use one I use on my cars and don’t get hangups often.

Reactions: tbear853
Yeah, galvanised tin is accurate. I just load it and run it, have never once cleaned the interior walls of the hopper, never saw a need. No hanging pellets or even pellet dust since 1992.

I've read of hangups on here, but my hopper walls are verical except for the bottom few inches where they are maybe 45 degrees sloped towards the exit hole. I think if pellets or dust hang on them, must be something gooey working in there. I just loaded about 30 pounds in there, walls look new .... and clean.