Little Moe is not well

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Denny Ziegler

It is with a heavy heart that I had to post this pre obit on my little moe. I sold this cute little beast to my father in law back in 1976 when The All Nighter Stove Company was the First to receive the much sought after UL listing.He burned it for 10 years in Hatfield Pa. and then it moved to its final job site where it has been in continuous service since then up until yesterday when we finally pulled it out and loaded it on the truck. Little Moe has a hairline crack in it to small to see with the naked eye. When it reaches operating temp it releases annoying amount of carbon dioxide into the room,not enough to kill us but enough to make our eyes burn. I contacted a welder friend who said he could seal it with his portable TIG welder and a new piece of plate steel, however he said there might be another crack somewhere else that we didn't know about. Well my Grandfather Bear Fisher was pressed into service once more, which is reserved for winter nights when we get those below zero readings. We decided to replace Moe with a refurbished Baby Bear stove that is a bit smaller but throws just as much heat. Now this digression brings us to this point. It is totally unconscionable to send Moe to be smelted down so that is why I am looking for a family that may need Moe's door or maybe as an outdoor strove to evaporate maple sap on. R.I.P. Moe

Status
Not open for further replies.