loading pellets into my Accentra

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

missrobo

Oct 19, 2008
south of boston
quick question: at what point can I load pellets into my stove? Right now I wait till it is completely off, blower fan and all. Any help would be appreciated.

You can load any time, even when the stove is blasting away on high. You just don't want to leave the hopper open for long periods of time during a burn, but a couple minutes to refill is completely fine.

Yep, you can fill it any time, just don't leave the hopper door open any
longer than you need to.

Also, be careful standing too close to the front when loading the hopper
or the heat will melt your eyeballs. ;-)

Also, watch the plastic bag doesn't touch the stove. Melted plastic. I load mine anytime even though the manual says to shut it down first.

Thanks all, I really appreciate the help. It was such a pain to wait till it shut down to reload.

Sure thing. The documentation is usually written is such a way that the company will be protected from any litigation, but it is not really reasonable to have to shut down the stove for a fill-up. If this was required it would definitely makes stoves far less convenient.

Once it gets cold enough to burn 24/7 (probably starting tonight), my stove will only be shut down for a cleaning about once every six weeks. I top off the pellets once in the morning and again before bed and scrape the burn pot every 2-3 days all while the stove is running.

Status
Not open for further replies.