Logging Expo-Bangor

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

flyingcow

Minister of Fire
Jun 4, 2008
northern-half of maine
I'll post a link from the local paper up here. It has a video link, it shows Eric Johnson in the beginning. I did not find him while I was there.
Met Piker and Mark from Econoburn. Good guys, they took the time to give me a quick look at the 150 they had there. Impressive looking unit.
Also met one of the guys from Revision Energy, they had a scantec and Innova on display. Got to see a Garn in person, talked to mr Holly for a few minutes.
Talked briefly to the Orlan people. They had a unit outside fired up. The gentleman from Poland was very informative.
Quite a few wood processors. From the small units right up to the Cord King.
Just tons of equipment, trucks, saws, tractors, 60ton skidders, commercial size wood chipper/grinder in operation, etc. Good time all around. These vendors/equipment dealers put a lot of time and money to set up for these shows. Hopefully they gleaned some business from it. The show seemed to be flowing good.
I have one suggestion Eric, next time you come back, get the Webmaster to set up a booth/beer garden for Heath.com members. :)
Gets a little hot walking around there, and water just wasn't cutting it.
Great Show.

www.bangordailynews.com/detail/105148.html

That's cool. I wasn't aware that the guy was taking a video of me with that camera. I thought he was just recording some audio.

As I said in the thread over in the Boiler Room, Craig has a standing offer of free space at the Expo for the Hearth.com crowd to operate out of. Hopefully next year in Essex Jct., Vermont.

It was a very successful show, and I appreciate everyone taking the time to come. We try to make it worth your while. I was very encouraged by the number and variety of wood gasification boilers on display. Somebody pointed out that there were no conventional OWBs there this year, which is a first. I guess the new emissions law in Maine has made them obsolete. I did see an Greenwood Aspen gasification OWB, but unfortunately, no Central E Classics. Last year in Vermont, there were two.

Eric Johnson said:
That's cool. I wasn't aware that the guy was taking a video of me with that camera. I thought he was just recording some audio.

As I said in the thread over in the Boiler Room, Craig has a standing offer of free space at the Expo for the Hearth.com crowd to operate out of. Hopefully next year in Essex Jct., Vermont.

It was a very successful show, and I appreciate everyone taking the time to come. We try to make it worth your while. I was very encouraged by the number and variety of wood gasification boilers on display. Somebody pointed out that there were no conventional OWBs there this year, which is a first. I guess the new emissions law in Maine has made them obsolete. I did see an Greenwood Aspen gasification OWB, but unfortunately, no Central E Classics. Last year in Vermont, there were two.

I wouldn't say the OWB is obsolete yet . . . for some reason my father is convinced that this is the way to go . . . even though the last one he had ended up burning down his house -- well not directly . . . Dad being Dad . . . he built a cedar shed around the OWB and either a hot cinder ignited the shed or improper electrical wiring . . . if I had to guess I would go with the hot cinder.

Didn't know you were going to be there Eric . . . otherwise I would have stopped by on Friday to say hi.

I wanted to go to that show so bad. Stupid work! Gets inthe way of life. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.