Looking for a noisy Napoleon convection blower

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wtyamamoto

Jul 17, 2006
Southern NH
I have an NPI40 and have a theory about the noisy convection blower problem for which I have a part on order. In the meantime, I am also looking for a donor blower from someone who swapped out a noisy blower from and NPI or NPS40 that they have lying around.

I am looking for the convection blower - not the combustion blower. If anyone has one they could donate for "research," let me know. I am willing to cover shipping costs.

Wayne

Had mine rebuilt. The bearings are no good when new. Had three blowers replaced under warranty. The motor shop said the bearings were trash. Have not run the rebuilt enough to see if it holds up better. Can't be much worse.

I managed my noisy convection blower by putting it on top of the chimney, lol.

I have free standing model of the same stove. About 6 months in, one of the motors started this high pitch wine. I just let it wine away, literally. In about a week, the noise went away, never to sound off again. My stove in down stair in the family room so we didn't mind the noise so much. One of my daughters and my brother also have the same stove. They never got the noise. We are into our 4th year, so far, problem free.

I had the whine with all of them. Eventually the fan would get tight and not start unless you spun it by hand. If you could get it to go, it would go for weeks before crapping out again. Hopefully the rebuilt one will hold up.

Status
Not open for further replies.