Looking for a quieter pellet stove (if they exist)?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

wwwhear

Jan 18, 2023
Plymouth, CA
Hi All,

I recently bought a pellet stove (Master Forge from Cleveland Iron Works), and to my shock it's really loud, even in the custom quietest settings for all the fans.
I had this romantic idea that it would be "whisper quiet" as the description states, but this couldn't be further from the truth. I'm not sure what bothers me more the blower motor or the stupid auger sound feeding pellets every 10 seconds (which is a jolting surge of energy followed, but the auger rotating).

My question to all of you is do they make a quieter pellet stove? I know I have the cheaper model, but I also do not want to spend 5k on a pellet stove. I think the max for me would be around 1500 or less. I can' t post a video as the noise is not noticeable on a cell phone.

Thank you!

You get what you pay for
A pellet stove is somewhat noisy
The sounds that it makes become background noise in time
White noise if you like
It will never no matter who makes it be as quiet as a wood stove
without a blower

Reactions: tlc1976 and Shank
my enviro empress is real quiet i love it.
Hi njk4o5, what would you compare the sound to? Those look really hard to come by, but they do have advanced technology that makes them quiet(er). If I come across some money in that range, I may consider.
Thank you.

Over time it just becomes household background/white noise. We thought our P43 was loud when we got it 10 years ago, now it's become part the normal Oct-Mar background noise we sometimes have to focus to hear it.

sam

Hi njk4o5, what would you compare the sound to? Those look really hard to come by, but they do have advanced technology that makes them quiet(er). If I come across some money in that range, I may consider.
Thank you.
its even quieter than one of those oscillating bedroom fans on low. put it this way my TV is directly above my stove and i dont have to change the volume whether the stove is on or off. Mine is an older model i bought used for $500 this past fall.

Reactions: wwwhear
I had Castle Serenity for 3 years. Perfect running stove, but there again, it's room fan was too loud. A whistling
type of noise. Very annoying. Just upgraded this year to Harmon P43C . Much quieter, but, yes $4000 +/- .

You won't notice it after a while. Enjoy the cheap, efficient heat.

Hi All,

I recently bought a pellet stove (Master Forge from Cleveland Iron Works), and to my shock it's really loud, even in the custom quietest settings for all the fans.
I had this romantic idea that it would be "whisper quiet" as the description states, but this couldn't be further from the truth. I'm not sure what bothers me more the blower motor or the stupid auger sound feeding pellets every 10 seconds (which is a jolting surge of energy followed, but the auger rotating).

My question to all of you is do they make a quieter pellet stove? I know I have the cheaper model, but I also do not want to spend 5k on a pellet stove. I think the max for me would be around 1500 or less. I can' t post a video as the noise is not noticeable on a cell phone.

Thank you!
hi, I often go to a pizzeria with a pellet stove, La Nordica, but i don't know the model it has no auger I think, the pellets just fall from the back, from the top, super silent, pretty, it emits a nice heat in a room with windows all around the perimeter, without walls, and it's also cheap.