Looking for a remote

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wunderful

Nov 12, 2014
USA
New house to me with a I'm guessing 20 year old gas Majco G42HV with blower. I'm looking to add a remote for on/off and, if possible, for variable control of the blower. The unit appears to be in good working order except the lead from the manual on/off switch to the unit is torn off. The lead from the wall switch was also disconnected. I have no idea how the previous homeowners even used the unit. I did hold up the torn off lead to the on/off switch and the unit does light and run properly.

I've found the Skytech 1001-A which seems to be a popular choice. I don't need any advanced thermostat settings like auto on/off.

As you can see from the attached picture the blower is hardwired in. There is no outlet to plug in to. I don't know if this rules out retrofitting a blower remote.

Attachments

• image1.jpg
    image1.jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 128
Skytech's 1001 is a basic on/off remote. Most folks choose the 3001 as it has a thermostat function, but to each his own.
All the blower remotes I've seen are limited to particular fireplace manufacturers & models. I'm sure there's something out there
to meet your needs, but you may have to go to an electrical supply outfit & chat up a tech.

i'm not familiar with majco, do you mean Marco?
alot of the built in units are 24v and dont take a milivolt remote or t-stat.
(i dont deal with them much so i may be wrong.)

also, alot of those units are rated decorative and are not supposed to have a wall t-stat installed at all, only a wall switch is allowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.