Looking for help on what type of stove pipe I need, here are some photos

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ADDvanced

Dec 1, 2016
Milwaukee
Pics of the top of my stove (old):

cqMhkKA.jpg

gfGJzWU.jpg

I can't find anything these dimensions, anyone have any pointers?

Pics of the top of my stove (old):

cqMhkKA.jpg

gfGJzWU.jpg

I can't find anything these dimensions, anyone have any pointers?
Many of those stoves use 7" pipe. But 6 might work. Just get a piece of each and see which fits

I'm curious, how do you make an ovalish shape out of round pipe?

My VC has an oval flue like that and it has an adapter to go to round. Check Vermont Castings and see if they still offer the adapter.

Yes but if you look at that opening it isn't oval one side is flatter than the other. I have put pipe on many many old stoves. 9 times out of 10 it is a standard size pipe that you shape to fit leaving the other end round

Yes, but all the oval pipes i am finding do not have these dimensions, and as pointed out above, it isn't a true oval, it's flatter on one side. So.... ????? Cmon guys someone has to know.

Yes, but all the oval pipes i am finding do not have these dimensions, and as pointed out above, it isn't a true oval, it's flatter on one side. So.... ????? Cmon guys someone has to know.
Get a price of 6 and a piece of 7 and see which works. Or measure the circumference and compare. But you are going to have to shape it to fit. If the circumference doesn't match you will need a custom made piece but that's really rare

Like a round just single wall type? I can't imagine trying to form a double wall section.
Yes single wall pipe no reason to run double wall on a stove like that