looking for info on this vintage wood burning fireplace!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

anna1023

Feb 27, 2022
Arlington VA
Hi!

I recently bought a house/cabin with this fireplace. I think it's the kind designed by Wendell Lovett for Condon-King.
Okay, first of all, can anyone verify what brand/model this is?
Second, I think it's pretty clear that the brick area around this in insufficient. Please comment!
Third, my screen is in 3 pieces, and I'm sure they're supposed to be attached to each other. Can someone with this screen post close-up pix of how the parts are supposed to be connected? I've also seen pix of the same shape in a single screen. Not sure if there's a place to buy a new, single screen to fit this.
Fourth, can this be converted to gas? This is a vacation rental and I am afraid someone's going to burn the house down, especially given #2 and #3 above, but maybe I'm worrying too much.
Thanks!
Anna
Fireplace.JPG

It might be an older Malm or one of their competitors. You could try contacting them and see if it is one of theirs. The screen panels could be wired together.