Looking for Mark Powers that sent me an email about Empress free standing door upgrade

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hearthtools

Moderator Emeritus
Hearth Supporter
Mark,
I replied back to your email but it bounced back
Delivery failed
554-: (HVU:B1) http://postmaster.info.aol.com/errors/554hvub1.html
554 TRANSACTION FAILED

The original Empress Freestanding had a door frame a lot like the windsors but they did not do the glass gasket the same and the glass might come loose and fall out.
they change the design and made a Retaining bracket for the top and bottom of the door frame that holds the glass in and put holes in the door frame for air for the air wash.

The upgrade is a new door frame and glass and a new hinge bracket and a longer Latch bolt that will need to be changed on the body of the stove.

The glass is a warranty thing and your dealer would have to handle it.
you might want to email Enviro directly and see if they can force your Dealer or the distributor that sold to your dealer to help.
www.enviro.com

You are in the East cost your dealer has a different distributor than I do.

I am checking on a price.

here is some photos of the new style door

Attachments

• empressdoor.jpg
    empressdoor.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 173
  • emrpressdoor1.jpg
    emrpressdoor1.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 176
Status
Not open for further replies.