Looking for new stove suggestions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

tachappy

Nov 30, 2018
Holden, Ma
Hello.
I am looking to replace a cracked Vermont Castings Aspen stove. My home is about 1,100 sqft and has a very open floor plan, one small bedroom and bath, all on one floor. The Aspen was able to heat the home very well but I was not happy with the burn time. I was looking at the Englander 13 and thought I might have the same problem and the 30 sounds like it might be too much after reading some posts. I also looked at the Summers Heat 2000 but am still unsure this will run overnight. I am looking for an 8 a 10 hour burn time. Am I asking too much for a economy priced stove? Do I need to look into a catalytic one, I am willing to spend a bit more if it will last a long time. Just looking for advice from anyone in a similar situation. Thanks in advance

A PE Super 27 will provide an 8-10 hr burn time.

Perhaps you could look for a used Woodstock Keystone/Palladian, or Fireview (make sure it’s the newer 205 model and not the older 201). They come up for sale used somewhat regularly in our part of the world. Sounds like either of these would do quite well in your space and give you the burn time you’re looking for.

i heat a slightly larger space with the stove in my signature, which is also the summers heat model you mentioned, it heats overnight for us. by this i mean i load it at 9pm for the night and at 5am when i get up for work it has plenty of coals for the reload.