Lopi 400ps pellet stove auger feed issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Lemansbythelake

Nov 13, 2017
FRESNO Ca.
Hello everyone thanks for the great forum

I recently switched to a pellet stove,
We bought a LOPI 400ps. Made in 93

Now my issue is most of the time the stove works and feeds properly however sometimes and only after it’s been running. For a few hours it will randomly stop feeding pellets on the lowest speed. If I turn the speed up a quarter turn then in starts feeding again normally at that speed.

Now once it’s been turned up for a few mins it can be turned down again and it will work fine on the lowest speed again??? I’m not sure what’s going on. Is it haunted?

Perhaps the speed potentiometer/switch is dirty inside. I'd try cleaning it internally with an appropriate spray. Perhaps working it back and forth a bunch of times will work - sometimes it does.