Lopi 520 Gasket size?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

TJJones98

Oct 9, 2023
Kansas
Hi everyone I'm new here and also new to wood stoves. I recently purchased this old Lopi M-520 and replaced the door gasket but noticed that there is a huge gape at the bottom of both doors starting at the hinges.
In the last picture you can see that where the doors come together it's touching metal but at the hinges there is a good bit of space.
I'm not sure how to fix this issue other than I got the wrong gasket, I measured the width of the chanel and it was 3/4in so I bought a 3/4in gasket. Is this not right? Any insight would be helpful

Screenshot_20231009_090840_Photos.jpg 20231009_185224.jpg 20231009_185340.jpg

I'm not sure about this old fellow but the big Lopis that followed it took 7/8" door gasket.

See if you can get a small length of 7/8" and 1" from the hardware store to check.

TJ, I have the same exact stove and need to replace the door gaskets. What size did you wind up using and did you use round rope or the flatter rectangle type, and thickness, etc. Thanks.

TJ, I have the same exact stove and need to replace the door gaskets. What size did you wind up using and did you use round rope or the flatter rectangle type, and thickness, etc. Thanks.
I used a 7/8 rope gasket and it was perfect. Once thing I would recommend is try and find a way to wrap the cut ends of the gasket because mine are fraying pretty badly and will probably have to replace it sooner than I would like. I'm not sure if they make a heat proof tape that wood work but I would try and find something.