Lopi AGP is junk!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Arditi989

Nov 15, 2019
NY/CT boarder
Hey guys! So last year I was excited to purchase my Lopi AGP fireplace insert for my new house that I had purchased last year with an aging oil fired boiler. Right off the bat this stove has been a MASSIVE disapointment. I should have gone with a Harmon or a Ravelli. If you so much as brush up against the paint on this thing it flakes off like the clear coat on a 30 year old Chevy. I've had to touch up the surround multiple times with Stove Bright and its starting to look awful. Also every single panel along with a few internal pieces of metal rattle around and vibrate like a metal bucket of roofing nails. After 3 months of using this thing the blower fan motor started to sound like it was getting ready to grenade inside the stove. I call the installer, he came out right away and replaced the blower and also found a screw rolling around inside the blower cage. When I asked about the finish issue his reply was the company is aware of the problem but they do nothing about it. Great customer service from Lopi. After hearing this I called up the dealer that I purchased the stove from and he basically told me there was nothing he could do for me except to keep having his service guy try to fix the issues. Here we are now in the beginning of the second season and the new blower fan is now squealing like a dying pig. Its actually so loud that the cat sitting next to the stove ran and hid under the couch. This stove is a complete pile of garbage and one of the worst purchases I have ever made. It doesnt even throw out that much heat when I burn quality pellets and really turn the stove up. Lopi should be embarrassed to price this stove at the amount that they do. It is a cheaply built rattley piece of scrap metal. Do not waste your money.

I hope your rant has made you feel better
Nothing as sorry assed as buyer's remorse!

• Haha
Reactions: Ssyko
I'm just writing this so that other people are aware of the quality of these stoves before they make the mistake I did and are forced to deal with Lopi and their awful customer service