Lopi insert ID help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

eko99

Nov 18, 2015
New Mexico
Good afternoon- first time caller, long time listener. Anyone know what model this Lopi is? size / dimensions: 31x24x20

Lopi two door fireplace insert.jpg
2nd Lopi photo.jpg
3rd Lopi image.jpg

Last edited:
Looks like an 80s model in great condition. There should be a UL plate on the side or back.

Looks like an 80s model in great condition. There should be a UL plate on the side or back.

The seller is probably not going to be much help in that department. She's asking $575 and it looked good to me, but this is my first time so I don't have anything to compare it to except the other scary stuff on Craigslist.....

Are there any burn tubes in it sitting below the baffle? If so it might be an early EPA model. Also, it's hard to see how the insert vents. Is there a 6" round flue collar on it?

No idea- and the gal is out of town and she has even less of an idea than I do. I'll have all that info but not until after I buy it. So you guys can tell me if I got conned or if it's awesome. She brought the price down to $500.

Are there any burn tubes in it sitting below the baffle? If so it might be an early EPA model. Also, it's hard to see how the insert vents. Is there a 6" round flue collar on it?

BUT you know I"ll be sending you photos like they're free once I've got it in my hands. I'll post them for this group's diagnosis and tips. Including completely cosmetic stuff like painting the brass black- we associate that shiny metal with the 80's (hence a support for your guess that it's from then)

IIRC that is real solid brass on the old Lopi doors.

You might be right, but we still think it's ugly. Perhaps we will trade them instead of painting them over if people are wanting these- especially since they are in such nice shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.