Lopi Leyden Pellet Stove Convection Fan Question?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

richy

Dec 18, 2007
CT
I recently purchased and had installed a Lopi Leyden Pellet stove. The first night of burning I went through 2 bags of Energx pellets and the convection fan seems to be loud, even on low. Should the fan be that noticeable?

I do not have a air kit, only the exhaust pipe which goes up 3 feet then out the wall. I live in a raised ranch home and even on the other side of the side of the house i can hear the fan. It sounds like the different speeds do not noticeably lower the fan sound.

Any input anyone may have would be appreciated.

thanks,

Rich

It's hard to say without actually hearing it but if your getting a vibration noise then it's not right. If it's motor noise and air noise then it's probably normal. I have a Yankee and I did burn a Leyden at my old job. You're going to have some noise from it no matter what though.

Status
Not open for further replies.