Lopi: Leydon or Pioneer?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

caseyclan

Dec 23, 2007
Missouri
I know they're not the same size or output, but I have the space for either one. I could get by with the pioneer, but not if its a "problem child". I checked the reviews but couldn't find anything on either model, so input would be appreciated.

Thanks!

I have the Lopi Yankee stove which has a similar heating capacity as the Leyden stove. This is going on my second year with it and I am very happy overall.

What is the dealer charging price wise? I got mine for around $3,500 a year ago.

Derrick

I just had the Lopi Yankee installed I paid $3325 for the stove and $150 for trim plus installation and install parts. It just seems like a larger version of the Pioneer. It works great.

We installed it ourselves since the dealer was about an hour away from my house.

Stove shops closer to me wanted $7,500 for the exact same model stove so it warrented the hour drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.