Lopi Northfield GSR2 deluxe - pilot goes out every six days.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

pauliusR

Dec 17, 2021
Kent, CT
Hello
I am new to this site, arriving out of desperation for answers as winter descends here in CT.

My Northfield Deluxe unit does not operate with power plugged in. It operates only on battery power. I hired an electrician to check the circuits in my cottage and they are all working fine. Every seven days the pilot goes out and I have to replace the batteries on the stove. At the same time I also replace them on the remote as well. Following the user instructions I keep the remote six feet from the stove. The power to the cottage has never gone out. I have set the stove to continuous pilot to no avail. Besides seeing that the pilot has gone out, I know the batteries need replacing when I use the remote to operate the stove and it beeps twice. Moving the small toggle switch to "on" or bacvk to "remote" on the battery pack on the bottom of the stove does nothing once the batteries have died. And yes, the stove has been plugged in all the time into the working outlet. The dealer insists that I must be doing something wrong. Does anyone know why this is happening? It has dropped below freezing here in CT and I am afraid when we lose power (which happens during the winter) my cottage pipes will freeze (this was the reason I purchase the Northfield in the first place).
Thank you in advance.
Paul

It sounds like you may have a timed pilot which automatically goes out if your gas valve does not open and your burner produces flame. This is an enetgy savings feature that is a PITA. I have the same problem.