Lopi Revere insert price check

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wulybgr

Hearth Supporter
Feb 23, 2007
Port Orchard WA
This insert is for a zero clearance fireplace.

The quote is for $3400 and includes Revere insert w/ black doors, blower, single story liner kit, surround tax and installation on everything. Seems reasonable, and will probably look at a few other dealers just to see, but I want you opinons too.

Secondly what is your opinon of the Revere insert and of Lopi in general. I have little experience with woodburning and don't really know much about Lopi.

Steve

Steve,

That's the same insert I bought last fall with pretty much the same black options. It was also my first season burning wood for heat. You can see pictures of my install in the link in my signature. Used it all winter to heat our 1100 sq. foot ranch with poor insulation. Burned about 4 cords though it. I think Lopi has a very good reputation, although there are also plenty of other brands that should be considered too. Let me know if you have any other questions, I'd be happy to answer them. Where are you located?

Later,

Eric

Eric,

I live in Port Orchard, WA which is in the Seattle area. I have a 1600 sq ft house that was recently built (2000). Thanks for the reply.

When I spoke with the dealer he said the most limiting factor with putting an insert in a ZCF is usually the height restriction. I measured my fireplace from the lip on the floor of the fireplace to the inside ceiling. te measurement is 21.5". Sorry about my lack of termonology - The fireplace dealer showed me how to take the measurement. The Lopi was suggested because of this height limitation - what other inserts would fit into our exsisting ZCF?

Steve

In this particular instance the Lopi is around twice the stove that the 2700I is. That 2700I is more comparable to an Answer. The Revere is about three times more efficient when comparing GPH emissions. Lopi is a good stove with a great reputation especially concerning wood stoves. The 3100I is more comparable from the Quad side (which are good stoves as well) Though the 3100I is 21.5" tall so connection of the liner would be a fun day not that the whopping 2" of connection room that you'll have with the Revere will be an easier though. If you go with the Lopi I think you'll be happy, but you'll probably be happy with a Quad or any of the other top shelf brands. One thing that has not been mentioned is to make absolutely certain that you have a "top shelf dealer/installer" just because they sell a good brand unfortunately doesn't speak for their competance 6 times out of 10.

I'd go with the largest (firebox volume) insert you can safely fit into your ZC fireplace. That way you'll be loading it less, and getting longer overnight burns. Sounds like that's the Revere. It sure is nice to wake up Saturday morning and still have a warm house and enough coals to start the next load without any kindeling (aka work).

Lopi Sucks. Just kidding. They're great stoves, simple design, easy to clean & operate. Good warranty and that Revere kicks out the heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.