Lopi Yankee Bay installed and running

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

davec1951

Hearth Supporter
Aug 25, 2008
south of Boston
Hi all
Order the stove in August. Just installed this week. See pic attached. (hope you can) Works great looks great. Don't see any fuel gate so I think it was taken off at the factory. 2 tons of Barefoot pellets in the garage and hoping to get another ton in January. Did I mention I'm warm now. Heat seams to move around the house pretty good. 2 story cape and haven't heard the heat come on yet . Thanks for all the info I've gotten off this forum. Also the entertainment. :)
dlc

Attachments

• Lopi Yankee Bay.png
    Lopi Yankee Bay.png
    78.9 KB · Views: 406
Congrats on your new install...looks great!
Enjoy the heat

dlc - keep us posted on the performance. The scheduled install for my Yankee Bay is in one month, 1/6/09. Can't wait. Burning some wood now in the fireplace which produces no heat and can't wait to start using the pellets in my basement. Congrats.

Congrats on the nice install. Your lucky that either Travis or the dealer took the fuel gate off ahead of your install....it was nothing but trouble. :shut:

Enjoy the heat!

Your gonna love it. Had he same one installed in a cape back in August. We only run ours while we are here; about 16 hour a day. Going thru 1 to 1 1/2 bags per day. Hammers seem to be burning cleaner that the New England pellets on less intake air.
Make sure to clean behind the fire brick panel every once in a while. Easy stove to clean and operate. Only ran ours on manual mode so far, but it works great. 73 here in the living. rm. and 68 all the way on the other side of the house in the family room.
The 2nd floor heat comes on a few times a night. Just got an oil refill since Sept. 1st, 75 gallons, and that is where we get our hot water as well.
Don't be afraid to adjust you intake air on different heat settings. I find it works best with the fan setting 1 -2 bars above the heat setting in manual mode.

Paul D. said:
Your gonna love it. Had he same one installed in a cape back in August. We only run ours while we are here; about 16 hour a day. Going thru 1 to 1 1/2 bags per day. Hammers seem to be burning cleaner that the New England pellets on less intake air.
Make sure to clean behind the fire brick panel every once in a while. Easy stove to clean and operate. Only ran ours on manual mode so far, but it works great. 73 here in the living. rm. and 68 all the way on the other side of the house in the family room.
The 2nd floor heat comes on a few times a night. Just got an oil refill since Sept. 1st, 75 gallons, and that is where we get our hot water as well.
Don't be afraid to adjust you intake air on different heat settings. I find it works best with the fan setting 1 -2 bars above the heat setting in manual mode.
Sounds like we have the same set up. I've been running 24hrs a day since Thursday on the second low heat setting with air adjustment just over the 1st mark. Keeps the house comfortable. Surprised how well the heat goes upstairs. Doesn't drive us out but great for sleeping. Need to get a fill-up of oil for the hot water but now I can wait a week or so and see if oil prices keep going down $1.97 right now. Was over $4.00 when I ordered the stove. (not sorry though. Will still burn the pellets except I wont feel guilty if I cheat once in a while.).

Looks beautiful!

Status
Not open for further replies.