Love the Serenity but having issues.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Gravey

Nov 14, 2017
Kingman Kansas
Hello all. I’ve been reading this forum since before we Purchased the Serenity 12327. I have learned a lot from all of you. Thanks in advance for your knowledge and for past things I’ve learned... The Serenity fires up just great. It will run for about 18 minutes. Of course at that point the alarm light comes on and the stove shuts down. “Ignite Fail”. I did switch the wires on the pof switches. I have even put the jumper between the wires. I put a jumper on the other side also, I believe it to be the vac switch. Nothing works. In diagnostics, it tells me that there is an NTC2 error. Does anyone know what that may be? Once again, thank you.

Hello all. I’ve been reading this forum since before we Purchased the Serenity 12327. I have learned a lot from all of you. Thanks in advance for your knowledge and for past things I’ve learned... The Serenity fires up just great. It will run for about 18 minutes. Of course at that point the alarm light comes on and the stove shuts down. “Ignite Fail”. I did switch the wires on the pof switches. I have even put the jumper between the wires. I put a jumper on the other side also, I believe it to be the vac switch. Nothing works. In diagnostics, it tells me that there is an NTC2 error. Does anyone know what that may be? Once again, thank you.[/QUOTE

Just a thought... did you check the switch on the hopper door?

To the best of my knowledge I have checked that but I don’t remember if I have followed the wires all the way down or not. Good idea, thank you!! I will definitely give that a look after work!!

Hi again all. In regards of course to the Serenity, I did check the hopper switch. Every thing seems to be in order in that respect. I did contact Ardisam via their website chat. I had to call them when I was near the stove. They were busy but promptly called me back. I did have a vacuum issue which they patiently walked me through. I needed to up the exhaust voltage in the particular stall that I was in. I again tried the stove and it did seem to run longer than it previously had but once again died out. I will continue to work with the various blower settings and hopefully find the correct combination of settings. The Serenity certainly is, as I’ve read in this forum, a hands on stove. It’s kinda fun actually. I highly recommend contacting Ardisam. They are a great bunch of people.

Reactions: rich2500
In the manual it says NTC2 is temperature is being read by room temp sensor. I'm not sure what error that could cause, but if it were my stove, I guess I would go through the control panel set up and see if there is a setting in place that requires a thermostat or something to be hooked up.

Thank you for the input, much appreciated. I have another question if you don’t mind. In the manual, as I learned from Ardisam, the instructions are not really clear. So my question is this. When should I see, in diagnostics, the area shaded in beside NTC1? This would indicate that my pof switch is good. Thanks again, as always, for your input. This is a very wise forum.

Thank you for the input, much appreciated. I have another question if you don’t mind. In the manual, as I learned from Ardisam, the instructions are not really clear. So my question is this. When should I see, in diagnostics, the area shaded in beside NTC1? This would indicate that my pof switch is good. Thanks again, as always, for your input. This is a very wise forum.

I have to admit, since I am one of the lucky owners that has yet to have an issue requiring diagnostics, I have not entered that area of the control panel as of yet.

Sweet, I’m glad that you haven’t had to. I’m not really worried about the situation that I am having but at the same time I’m looking forward to getting it corrected. Essentially it’s a computer that burns pellet fuel and as with any computer, it just has to be adjusted. I do appreciate all input. I’m totally new to the pellet stove scenario. It nice on here in that I learn seemingly everyday. Thanks all!

Mikey, first of all and as always thank you for your input. I will definitely try that and hopefully that will be the thing that needyto happen. Afterwards I will post with the results. Upon reading the manual again, in regards to the message I get, it seems that it’s the proof of fire switch. It’s hard to believe that they are both bad. I am going to take your advice and try blowing out the vacuum hose before I order 2 pof switches. And also, I have burned less than 1 bag of fuel through the Serenity. Maybe 15 pounds. Hopefully your idea will fix the issue. Once again, thank you!!

Yes Mikey, I totally agree with you. The issue is that the stove is installed already. I did contact the warranty company. They would like for me to get a technician, get it fixed, they will reimburse me. The issue with the stove has to be minor I’m sure. The Serenity is pretty straight forward and seemingly simple. In those regards I figured that I can get it going, cut out the middle man, and get it done quicker than going through all of that. And uninstalling it is not what I would like to do. Lol

I am sorry your having issues, and wish i could of helped you but if you have only ran 15 bags of pellets through it and already having problems then something must have been bad from the manufacture to begin with. I have had my xxv going on 4 years and only have to replace the igniter. Good luck get that tech out get her fixed cause its cooling off.

Thanks again, I’m gonna try the vac line scenario in a little bit, who knows, that may be the problem. I hope that it’s that simple. And yes, I may have to get a technician to look at it. I am just hoping that this situation can be rectified without un installing the stove. It’s a good install so I’m hoping to leave it as is. A few bucks for a couple of pof switches will hopefully do the trick. Afterwards the warranty company will reimburse. Also, I’m learning the unit inside and out, double bonus if it all works out. Thanks again.

Even though the code says in the book proof of fire, there are still other things that contribute. I too doubt that both switches are bad. Do what Mikey said and try the vac tube cleaning. But then go thru the control program and make sure no setting are on that require a external thermostat to be wired in. If a setting for external sensoring in active, and no external sensor is wired in, it can cause a shut down with a code. There's only so much room for computer controlling with the low price point, so they may lump several conditions into one description of code. IMO. 18 minute burn, then shut down, "MAY" be a setting that requires an external sensor that is not installed. It will burn until input from sensor is need for control. I think the external thermostat can shut the stove down and restart it as needed to maintain room temperature.

Reactions: Ssyko and Mt Bob
Hi Gravey i understand your wanting to do it yourself. but being this is a brand new stove you poking around in it may void your warranty. the parts in all stoves are pretty much the same just different controllers and timers. although that's one cool control panel (personally i think its over doing it). I have read your manual a couple times now and in your Diagnostics screen (if i read this right ) the dots to the right are indicators of the part functioning properly. this stove should tell you on screen which component is inop.