loving my pellet stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AGPNY

Dec 15, 2013
New york
hey every one i'm new to pellet stoves i just had a Avalon AGP installed about a week ago and i love it but i have a problem now all i been doing is going out hunting for pellets or i'm cleaning my stove i clean it once a day i know i dont have to but i like to my girl thinks i'm crazy now but this is normal right lol i live near newburgh ny does any one know where to get good pellets out this way

hey every one i'm new to pellet stoves i just had a Avalon AGP installed about a week ago and i love it but i have a problem now all i been doing is going out hunting for pellets or i'm cleaning my stove i clean it once a day i know i dont have to but i like to my girl thinks i'm crazy now but this is normal right lol i live near newburgh ny does any one know where to get good pellets out this way
Go to the Home Depo in fishkill they have a good amount left. The stove chow is burning pretty good this year. Good luck with the new stove.

I'm outside of Albany and usually find several kinds at Lowes. I'm sure there is one near you. The Lowes in my area has Presto-Logs right now that are made by Lignetics. They burn well for me. If there is a Tractor Supply near you try them too.

My kids get mad because I clean the stove every day when they get home from school and are trying to watch cartoons!

How do you like the AGP? I have a slightly older model. It seems like the manufacturer is going to be moving everything to be "agp based", (standalone/insert).

The control panel looks to be very different from what I have now. I have push-button, the AGP looks to have actual dials.

What is the noise like? That's probably my only real complaint about my stove. The fans could be quieter. Not terrible, but enough that it can sometimes bother me.

i really like the AGP so far yea the control panel all dials its very easy to control the noise isnt loud to me i watch tv in the same room but i dont know how loud othere stoves are i just found some Lignetics at agaway i bought 10 bags will see how they burn but if its doesn't snow tomorrow i will be wondering to lowes or home depo to see what they have see i know i wasnt crazy i'm not the only one who cleans there stove all the time

Status
Not open for further replies.