Lowe's -Amherst, NH (50% off Green Team's)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Peterfield

Minister of Fire
Dec 12, 2013
New Hampshire
Last two visits to Lowe's found a 1/2 pallet of "water-damaged" Green Team pellets marked 50% off. Each time I checked the pile, only about 30% of the bags had discernible water damage, such as sawdust or clumped pellets. So for $3.49 a bag, I've made two good hauls and the pellets are burning fine. I think they are pulling the entire pallet is they notice any with water damage. Whatever, half-price Green Teams are a good pellet at a great price. I'm thinking other Lowe's might be doing the same thing. The Amherst store had them in the left rear of the garden center.

Last edited:
Hmm, might take a run out there tomorrow and grab a few. Never tried Green Team and the price is right!

I picked them over pretty good so I'd try a Lowe's in the Bedford/Manchester/Concord areas and see if they have the same way to sell off ripped bags or damaged pallets. There were also Green Supremes at 50% off for those that like those.

Reactions: bogieb
Thanks - I work near the Lowe's in Bedford, so will go there Monday at lunch to take a look.

None in the Bedford store.

Reactions: Peterfield
Last two visits to Lowe's found a 1/2 pallet of "water-damaged" Green Team pellets marked 50% off. Each time I checked the pile, only about 30% of the bags had discernible water damage, such as sawdust or clumped pellets. So for $3.49 a bag, I've made two good hauls and the pellets are burning fine. I think they are pulling the entire pallet is they notice any with water damage. Whatever, half-price Green Teams are a good pellet at a great price. I'm thinking other Lowe's might be doing the same thing. The Amherst store had them in the left rear of the garden center.
Looked at Green Supremes at Loews Kingston, MA. Most bags had water damage. Could see holes in the plastic. Lots of saw dust in bags. Pellets falling apart. These bags were in doors-several pallets of them. I asked for the manager and got a big run around. Day off? Basically, they said there is nothing we can do. These pellets are selling for $5.98 full asking price. There are about a hundred more pallets stored outside, no roof. So be very careful when buying your pellets from Loews. Inspect each a every bag before you buy.

Looked at Green Supremes at Loews Kingston, MA. Most bags had water damage. Could see holes in the plastic. Lots of saw dust in bags. Pellets falling apart. These bags were in doors-several pallets of them. I asked for the manager and got a big run around. Day off? Basically, they said there is nothing we can do. These pellets are selling for $5.98 full asking price. There are about a hundred more pallets stored outside, no roof. So be very careful when buying your pellets from Loews. Inspect each a every bag before you buy.

I went back to the Lowe's in Amherst and they had several bags of Green Supreme's for 50% off. I noticed they had some water damage but it was usually in a corner of the bag, maybe the size of a softball. I bought some, used a knife to carefully "amputate" the corner of the bag where the damaged pellets were, and then used the rest. They burned fine and I just used the last bag today.

Reactions: bogieb
Status
Not open for further replies.