Lowes Cheat River Pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dubbz

Jan 18, 2007
Pocono Mts, Pennsylvania
Great heat and low ash. 2 weeks ago I bought 6 bags, they said they had 25 ton in inventory. Bought 6 bags last night, they only have 4 tons left. At 209 a ton I'd love to buy them out for next year but I retired last Friday, so I have to watch my cash flow till the retirement checks come in. My 25-EP loves those pellets.

Man, I bought 5 bags over the weekend and they are LOADED with ash but the heat is good. These and the GAP's I burned earlier in the season have very similar ash content...LOTS OF IT!

I just finished burning 2 tons of cheat river pellets. I really liked the heat they put out, but they did have more ash then most other pellets I've burned. Not a big deal if price is right which it was for me, just had to empty ash pan more than normal, and clean the stove pipe sooner.

Great heat and low ash. 2 weeks ago I bought 6 bags, they said they had 25 ton in inventory. Bought 6 bags last night, they only have 4 tons left. At 209 a ton I'd love to buy them out for next year but I retired last Friday, so I have to watch my cash flow till the retirement checks come in. My 25-EP loves those pellets.

Before you buy them out check out my post "wild rice or pellets " do a search, batches can and will vary ,they gave good heat ,but not going to be my go to pellet they seem to have some Qc issues will try them again but I would never buy a ton .

Congrats on your retirement I'll drink to that ;ex Like I need an excuse;)

Reactions: Defiant
I've been using them on and off. Got them from TSC. .Just got some more a week ago to see if different and they seemed the same as what I got last fall.. Heat OK, more than normal ash, but no clinkers like with PA's..I'd get them again...

Dont forget the lowes 10% coupon, makes the price even better ;) Cheat rivers are an ok pellet and not bad @ $188

Just bought a ton from Lowes for $188 picked up. Great heat so far, just as ashy as my pres-to-logs and stove chows. They seem to like to build those Harman ash "wings" that hang off the end sides of the burnpot. I can barely make it a week without the ash pan filling up.

dubbz, where are you located and what stove do you have, might want to add that to your sig;)

Out of all the box store brands I have found this year they burnt the best, very ashy but worth the price. I wanted to get another ton but pellet season is over in my area.

Status
Not open for further replies.