LP Gas valve for Vermont casting stardance DV25

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Badaxed

Dec 16, 2020
De soto Wisconsin
Does anyone know where and what model I can locate a lp gas valve for a direct vent Vermont casting stardance dv 25 (installed new in my home 12/98). Not sure if the gas valve is weak or not. I have a good pilot flame, but burners do not always come on. Purchased new thermopile and thermocouple (not installed yet; waiting for parts). Talked to service repair man who once replaced a thermocouple on this unit a couple of years back. He indicated it may be low pressure to the valve or a bad valve if replacement of the thermocouple and thermopile do not resolve the Issue. I looked on line and I am confused on which replacement lp gas valve to purchase if that is the issue. Any help would be appreciated.

Call your local VC dealer & give him the serial # off the rating plate...
He can tell you if the valve is available & at what price.