M55 Convection speed can’t be adjusted in Manual mode

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

bostonfan49

Minister of Fire
Nov 10, 2011
Essex Jct. Vermont
So I normally run my stove via my Lux T-stat and as long as it’s calling for more heat, I can go to the stove and hit the fan speed ( I am on 3 by default) up or down with no problem. Fan speed, Pellet feed and Combustion air all can be increased or decreased and all the lights work.
BUT
If I shut off the T-stat, and start the stove in Manual mode, after the initial start up and Convection fan cycling on. The following happens, I start with a huge M55 Flame, that quickly dies out to just a medium steady flame. Per the lights, I can adjust the Pellet feed and air trim but in either mode it’s hard to tell the difference...But! I can’t get the fan speed to increase or decrease....;?

I was unaware that one can adjust the speed of the convection fan within a given heat level. That speed, at least on my m55, is determined by the heat level. One can adjust the combustion fan and feed rate on the board.

Reactions: bostonfan49
I was unaware that one can adjust the speed of the convection fan within a given heat level. That speed, at least on my m55, is determined by the heat level. One can adjust the combustion fan and feed rate on the board.
So on the control panel (my mistake) thank you ohbix! I meant the Heat Level 1-4. Can’t raise or lower in Manual, but can when it’s on the t-stat.
Bill