M55 FS Door Rope Gasket

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The burn pot lifts out.
As far as I know the igniter tube does not retract.

1. Cool stove
2. Lift latch lever on burn pot
3. Pull top half of pot out
4. Remove Stirring rod. Rotate it top away from you about 1/3 of a turn and slide to left.
5. Remove lower 1/2 burn pot. Raise the latch lever so that the handle points straight up.
Lift the front slightly and pull toward you. Then lift pot straight up.
6. While open remove rear fire wall by lifting heat exchanger baffle and allowing plate to (gently) fall forward.
7. lift out lower section of fire wall. The one that covers over the igniter and air tubes.
8. Now vac everything you can get to.
9. I vac the heat exchanger tubes and use the supplied brush as well. (Dirty part of job)
10. Scrape/chip burn pot liner of any clinker buildup.
11. Empty ashpan
12. Grease left side of stirrer rod
13. Replace everything in reverse order.
14. Clean glass

Then you are back in business and ready to go until next cleaning
---Nailer---
so it has been about 6 weeks since i changed the rope gasket on the door. i used the gasket recommended by Enviro. It feels tighter but the dollar bill still manages to slip away when the door is closed. i also get different levels of tightness on different sides, the top being the loosest.

Here are some pictures:

On the left/bottom is the Enviro gasket, and on the upper/right is a Rutland graphite measuring 5/8 thick. Rutland is a little thicker and softer with thicker braids. in a pinch it might do. When installing at first it looks like the gasket will not fit, but the door channel takes a lot of it in.

View attachment 86033

View attachment 86034
hey vinney did you have to use gasket cement when you replace the old gasket ?
View attachment 86035

Finger size comparison view.

View attachment 86036

Here is a picture of the door lock. I am wondering if I can tighten it to get a tighter close, but the manual says nothing about it. Anybody try?

View attachment 86037

Here is the door with the new gasket after 6 weeks of use. It has compressed a little.

View attachment 86042

And some cleaning pics:
View attachment 86043

Here is a picture of the door lock. I am wondering if I can tighten it to get a tighter close, but the manual says nothing about it. Anybody try?

View attachment 86037

Here is the door with the new gasket after 6 weeks of use. It has compressed a little.

View attachment 86042

And some cleaning pics:
View attachment 86043

Can't get the burn pot out like the manual says. I have tried but never really had to so I have left it alone rather than break it. The igniter is supposed to retract to allow the burn pot to come out but mine does not. Anybody else have this issue?
View attachment 86044

Here is a picture of the exchange tubes after a very light vacuuming and dusting with a brush. This part is the worst of the cleaning as the dust really kicks up. I end up blowing my nose later on and finding traces of dusk. Even when I wear a mask. I wish there was a cleaning setting that allowed the exhaust motor to work so it would suck out the dust.
View attachment 86045

so it has been about 6 weeks since i changed the rope gasket on the door. i used the gasket recommended by Enviro. It feels tighter but the dollar bill still manages to slip away when the door is closed. i also get different levels of tightness on different sides, the top being the loosest.

Here are some pictures:

On the left/bottom is the Enviro gasket, and on the upper/right is a Rutland graphite measuring 5/8 thick. Rutland is a little thicker and softer with thicker braids. in a pinch it might do. When installing at first it looks like the gasket will not fit, but the door channel takes a lot of it in.

View attachment 86033

View attachment 86034

View attachment 86035

View attachment 86036

View attachment 86037

View attachment 86042

And some cleaning pics:
View attachment 86043

Can't get the burn pot out like the manual says. I have tried but never really had to so I have left it alone rather than break it. The igniter is supposed to retract to allow the burn pot to come out but mine does not. Anybody else have this issue?
View attachment 86044

Here is a picture of the exchange tubes after a very light vacuuming and dusting with a brush. This part is the worst of the cleaning as the dust really kicks up. I end up blowing my nose later on and finding traces of dusk. Even when I wear a mask. I wish there was a cleaning setting that allowed the exhaust motor to work so it would suck out the dust.
View attachment 86045
Vinny. To remove burn pot lifr the front up until te two tabs ,one on right ,one on left come out of the plate they are resting on then pull forward. You might have to position the lock mechanism straight up

Here are some pictures:

View attachment 86033

View attachment 86034

View attachment 86035

View attachment 86036

View attachment 86037

View attachment 86042

And some cleaning pics:
View attachment 86043

View attachment 86044

View attachment 86045
Vinny i open my top and turn stove on the fan runs but wont feed pellets this pulls dust out when cleaning. To remove burn pot lift front up,then pull forward . You may have to position lock handle straight up. once removed you can remove the plate behind it. The one with the 2 round clean out holes . Lift up then slide bottom forward . This will allow for better cleaning. I have the m55 cast but the guts look the same

Reactions: vinny11950
Vinny i open my top and turn stove on the fan runs but wont feed pellets this pulls dust out when cleaning. To remove burn pot lift front up,then pull forward . You may have to position lock handle straight up. once removed you can remove the plate behind it. The one with the 2 round clean out holes . Lift up then slide bottom forward . This will allow for better cleaning. I have the m55 cast but the guts look the same
Sorry for the double post my tablet sucks

You could try and delete it:)

Thanks, Kykel, I had not thought of using the lid trick so the stove does not feed pellets but still runs the exhaust fan. I will try next time.

And yes, after much effort, I did pull that piece off. Put it is in there tight, so I don't take it out anymore, I just vacuum around it. I made this small plastic hose attachment with flex hose that allows me to get into the small spaces of the stove for cleaning.

I only sealed it for the summer when I shut it down in the spring. Gotta clean it soon before it starts burning again.

Status
Not open for further replies.