M55/GCI 60 Issue = Code 3!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cleetussnow

Oct 3, 2012
Westchester, ny
Hi All:

I have run a couple of test fires on the stove this week, and a couple times the middle (3rd) light has started blinking, and the stove has shut down. When the stove is running and hasn't gone out yet, I press the start button, the auger starts to feed, and the stove continues to operate.

If the stove is cold from a shut down, I hit the start button, and it feeds and fires up. The problem is intermittent. I believe I have a good vacuum seal because the flame looks great, and changes when I open the door a crack, so that doesn't seem to be the problem, and also the stove has run for many hours without incident as well, even overnight.

The auger is working and nothing is jamming it: I looked. Also the combustion fan is working - I can hear it.

The fault seems to be the exhaust heat sensor. I found a new one on ebay for $45. ordered it. I am going to open this up friday when the new part arrives. It might be possible to clean the old one, but I will nevertheless replace this before the season starts, and then I will keep the old one as a spare if it is cleanable.

Anyone have ideas on what else could cause this? I think I narrowed it down, but maybe I am missing something.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.