Maine Woods Pellets info

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are those the new pellets out of strong plant or the one up in Athens? I have not heard of them before....where are they being distributed?

sinnian said:
Has anyone had any experience using the Maine Woods Pellets yet?

Are they hardwood or softwood?

Premium?

BTU output?

Ash content?

Etc., Etc., anything else you can tell me would be appreciated.

Thanks ~ Jeff

jeff,

i just spoke with dave carr from the athens plant, and he told me his pellets are premium hard wood...80/20 mix. he also told me that they would sell to the general public direct at the mill, and they have both bulk and 1 ton pallets.

at this time he is unsure of the price but said that he thinks it will be around 2-225 per ton.he says they are not quite ready to go into distribution as of yet but to call back in a couple of weeks, for definate pricing, and when the general public can come in for purchase. he said it may be a couple evenings a week plus saturdays. sounds pretty good so far, so i will call him in a week or so and get the definates.

mike brown
hartland btw...this mill is only 15-20 minutes from my house

mjbrown65 said:
jeff,

i just spoke with dave carr from the athens plant, and he told me his pellets are premium hard wood...80/20 mix. he also told me that they would sell to the general public direct at the mill, and they have both bulk and 1 ton pallets.

at this time he is unsure of the price but said that he thinks it will be around 2-225 per ton.he says they are not quite ready to go into distribution as of yet but to call back in a couple of weeks, for definate pricing, and when the general public can come in for purchase. he said it may be a couple evenings a week plus saturdays. sounds pretty good so far, so i will call him in a week or so and get the definates.

mike brown
hartland btw...this mill is only 15-20 minutes from my house

Thank you for the information Mike. I don't think my new 1/2 ton Tacoma would appreciate the ride from Athens to Limerick though. I would, however, still be interested in any specific statistics on the pellets, but the 'premium hard wood...80/20 mix' helps.

Thanks ~ Jeff

From my understanding about the general public going into athens and picking up pellets is that only the people in atherns are allowed to purchase from the plant.. Im a dealer of the wood pellets and that was the understanding i have (but never know what will happen

Status
Not open for further replies.