Majestic 42 CFDVPISL won't light. Need suggestions?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ji00346

Nov 6, 2021
SC
We have a Majestiv 42 CFDVPISL in our house. The house was built in 2017, however we purchased at the beginning of 2020. The fireplace has not worked properly since we moved in. There is a switch on the wall. When switched on (assuming everything is on underneath the fireplace) you heard a beep...then the ignitor starts flickering...a small flam ignites...then the entire unit ignites. That's what happens when it works. A lot of times the ignitor will flicker...small flam will ignite...entire unit ignites for about 5 seconds then goes off. The process will then immediately repeat. Other times the small flam will ignite for what seems to be 2-3 minutes before the unit ignites. Another thing I am noticing is there is a unit, underneath the fireplace, that holds 4 AA batteries. I believe this creates the spark that lights the initial little flam. The batteries die very quickly. Like, 28-32 batters last winter, which seems very odd.

Any suggestions or anyone have something similar happen?

E99E60E7-11BC-46E2-BD9B-A6B2AE17C691.jpeg

We have a Majestiv 42 CFDVPISL in our house. The house was built in 2017, however we purchased at the beginning of 2020. The fireplace has not worked properly since we moved in. There is a switch on the wall. When switched on (assuming everything is on underneath the fireplace) you heard a beep...then the ignitor starts flickering...a small flam ignites...then the entire unit ignites. That's what happens when it works. A lot of times the ignitor will flicker...small flam will ignite...entire unit ignites for about 5 seconds then goes off. The process will then immediately repeat. Other times the small flam will ignite for what seems to be 2-3 minutes before the unit ignites. Another thing I am noticing is there is a unit, underneath the fireplace, that holds 4 AA batteries. I believe this creates the spark that lights the initial little flam. The batteries die very quickly. Like, 28-32 batters last winter, which seems very odd.

Any suggestions or anyone have something similar happen?
You shouldn't have batteries in the back up tray unless there is a power outage. If your model is an IPI unit and you have 110 volts wired to the power strip in the valve cavity, then the 6 volt transformer plugs into the power strip. The batteries are only used during a power outage. Take them out and make sure that there isn't any corrosion in the tray or on the wires coming off the tray.