Making a Quadrafire Exhaust Blower into a real stud!

Don2222 Posted By Don2222, Apr 8, 2019 at 4:11 PM

1. Don2222

Don2222
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Feb 1, 2010
    Loc:
    Salem NH
    Hello
    Anyone do this to their cb1200 Quadrafire Classic Bay???
    After cleaning the exhaust blower and then when it is time to put it back with a new gasket and screws it is such a PITA to line up the gasket with the blower and get the sheet metal screw in! Sure I can do it but now that I have a few mins, let’s make it a bit easier for us older folks?
    All you have to do is get a nice studded housing and flip the exhaust Flange and trim off the top bolt hole and bingo bango it goes right in!
    Now I can push the new gasket over the studs after a good cleaning and easily put the nuts on and snug it up!

Attached Files:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    kappel15 likes this.
  2. Don2222

Don2222
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Feb 1, 2010
    Loc:
    Salem NH
    Final Pic - It works :)

Attached Files:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. smwilliamson

smwilliamson
    The Stove Guy 2.
    NULL

Dec 28, 2009
    Loc:
    Southcoast, MA
    Very nice work.

4. tlc1976

tlc1976
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Oct 7, 2012
    Loc:
    Northwest Lower Michigan
    Nice work. Mine has the same kind of exhaust blower attachment. If I ever had to take the whole thing out, I thought about welding machine screws in from the back to get the same result.

5. Don2222

Don2222
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Feb 1, 2010
    Loc:
    Salem NH
    That would work to, just easier to get the housing that has them. :)