Manfred's back in the 'hood

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Manfred Range

Nov 7, 2011
British Columbia
Hey guys, it's been years since I was here, but as always, when I run into trouble, I call on the pellet gurus! My original and only pellet stove is the popular Quadrafire 1200 with the glass bay window. It's been fabulous for cheap energy. Long since paid for by savings compared to my gas furnace costs prior. Bought in 2007, it still performs mostly well. The exhaust fan developed a squeal, though, and I removed it and oiled the bearings as best I could, quieting it down. Where can I get a replacement fan as we live in a non-service area, unless I drove three hours to Spokane.even then, I'd need to research dealers, but I wanted to ask you guys first.
BTW, my self-installed default "on" switch for the hot air blow system has run continuously and saves me lots of heat by sending all small amounts of heat in the plenum, as opposed to just high heat. I love my stove and pellet heating in general. Manfred

Ouch! A lot more $$$ than a Castile blower.

Members have replaced bearings on convection blowers, all it takes is a bearing puller. I don't recall seeing anyone doing it on a combustion blower.

Look for a part number PP7621 ;)

Or see about replacing those bearings yourself or have a small motor repair shop do it.
Maybe my vacumn shop has that size of bearing. before I order, I'm gonna check him out. I've pulled larger bearings before, so if I can (pardon the pun) pull this off, look at the money I'd save! and Help others with the same problem see an alternative.

Reactions: SwineFlue
well, guys,...I bit the bullet and bought a new Quad 1200 exhaust at an ouchy price of $402.00CDN (TAX INCLUDED). I had no choice, driving a blizzard 3hr return trip to a guy who happened to have one. The stove sounds wonderful again, and not like a DC-3 prop plane!

I'd have to say to Quad, though,...I'm dissappointed that they offer a bearing, but now way to put it in?$%^&&* I had a machine shop take a look at it , with a negative result and another $29.00CDN----- big heavy sigh!!

Status
Not open for further replies.