manufactured fireplace/pellet stove switch

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketroy

Hearth Supporter
Jan 4, 2009
vancouver canada
Hi everyone.firstly thanks for you time.
I have a friend im trying to help with some information.
She has a wood burning manufacured fireplace in the corner of her living room and she would like to instal a pellet stove.
The current set up isnt very efficient. It is installed in the corner of tbe room and is drywalled In place.
I really have no idea how hard it would be to put a whitfield ..for example..insert in there if she removed the guts of the existing set up.
Any thought on this please.
I know she would be most grateful
Thankyou

20150621_133852.jpg

I believe that a chimney liner would need to be put in and a way to set up the OAK (if she wants one, and a lot of people on this forum swear that is best for their set ups). The fireplace front would most likely have to be redone too. However I don't have an insert - just going by what I've seen here on the forum. There is a guy that did a beautiful job of placing an insert in his fireplace and if I had a better memory I would tell you who it was so you could message him for better insight into the time, $$ and difficulty rating.

Status
Not open for further replies.