Matterhorn Boots - The Forum Strikes Again

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BrotherBart

Modesterator
Staff member
Many thanks to Forum member yukiginger for the heads-up on a pair of Matterhorn 12255 S&R boots on eBay in my size. The seller was a royal pain in the butt but these are the best boots I have ever owned in my life. I have had them in the woods all week and will never forgive the U.S. Army for not issuing me a pair of these in 1967.

Comfortable, light and tough as nails with stainless bottom plates and metatarsal guards along with the Kevlar, Gore-Tex, Tiger Tip toes and Vibram soles.

Love'em!

I buy Red Wings since the ones I buy are made in the U.S.A. They do last a long time.

Where are those M-horns made? Sounds like a switch could be in order.

I purchased the Matterhorn Chainsaw boots rather than the S&R boots mostly because I wanted the chainsaw rating, far as I can tell the S&R boots have some kevlar, but aren't actually rated for chainsaw use. (Allthough the meta-tarsal guard may be worth while, it's not quite the same.

At any rate, I agree the boots are comfy for being big clunking boots (as opposed to running shoes...) The only problem is they make my feet so much bigger I'm always kicking and stepping on things that I don't when wearing normal shoes - I have to re-learn wear my feet end!

Gooserider

Status
Not open for further replies.