May be the last cold blast in SE Mass for the season

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
im glad march is here.. it cold and snowy at my house untill may but I dont realy care if its cold, i just want daylight. I love love love love this time of year. I wake up and its light, and when i go home its sort of light.

I think we've just had our last night of single-digit temps, and last day of sub-freezing highs, it's lookin' awful nice from here:
http://www.srh.noaa.gov/forecast/MapClick.php?map.x=183&map.y=86&site=abq
As a LaNina event is in the process of forming, the 1-month forecast for this region is 'warmer than normal.' These maps are for the whole continent:
http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/predictions/multi_season/13_seasonal_outlooks/color/page2.gif
After 4 months of above-normal precip and below-normal temps, this is quite welcome, indeed...

Oh, I'm not predicting no more cold snaps... we almost always have one or two snow dumps in March. But I have found the NOAA 1-month forecasts to be quite good. And the El Nino/La Nina events have a profound effect on the weather in this part of the world (southwest USA.)

We're in a spring stretch now. Temps in the 50's. Crocuses and daffodils are in bloom and leaves are starting to show on some of the early plants. Pollen is on the rise as the alders start their bloom. I love this time of the year. Each day gains about 4 minutes of daylight in the north latitudes.

Looks at the wall and it says 28. I think it's supposed to be saying 7 tomorrow morning. Well, the days are getting longer... It can't last forever.

Matt

Supposed to get down to 1 tomorrow night. Just heard that the high on Wed will be 0 to 15 (when I am is closer to the 0 forecast!). Was 40deg yesterday. We need the cold, the snowmobile trails were getting soft, this snap will allow for a few more weeks of riding! When in Rome......
Ran out of wood a few weeks back, got the pellet stove up and running just in time.

Consider yourselves lucky.....our forecast is -15 tonite (-40 wind chills), 5 tomorrow, -20 tomorrow nite, single digits Wed and Thursday. THIS after 42 on Saturday!!! WHERE"S SPRING????

Hi tabor,

Same thing here. -3 tonight 9 tomorrow and -5 tue night. BRRRRRRR.

As said before, can't last forever.

CarpNiels

Status
Not open for further replies.