Meet Molly - Molly my new baby girl

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BobUrban

Minister of Fire
Jul 24, 2010
Central Michigan
DSCF2161.JPG DSCF2154.JPG DSCF2160.JPG She is a Bavarian Mountain Hound and born to track wounded game. Lots of training to come this spring but she should be ready to find deer/bear this fall and I am super excited to get her started. I have been researching and planning to get a tracker for a few years and she sort of fell into my lap recently as they are extremely rare in the States so when the opportunity arose I took a day long road trip to IL and picked her up yesterday. If she is 1/2 as good on the track as she is a lover(she needs to keep me in sight and wants to have her head in my lap) I will be one lucky bow hunter this fall. Worst case she will certainly be a great woods companion when I am out gathering firewood.

Sure she's not half bunny with those big ears. Guess she hears good!

Congrats !:cool:

Nice to see I'm not the only one who's couch has been commandeered by dogs. Nice looking pups!!

Reactions: nsfd95
Nice to see I'm not the only one who's couch has been commandeered by dogs. Nice looking pups!!

I used to have strict rules about dogs on the bed and couch...turns out my dog is an excellent negotiator.....He now has his own couch in our living area that I just put a blanket on.....haha....

But yes, great photos...they look like lucky dogs!

Reactions: becasunshine
I think there's only one pet dog in that picture. The other looks like a wolf. I can't believe it hasn't eaten you yet.

Our Labbie Sam is not allowed on the furniture. Here's a picture of our Labbie, Sam, not on the furniture
:004.JPG

Note that most of Sam's body is in contact with my husband's legs, NOT THE FURNITURE.

Also note one foot firmly planted on floor, thus qualifying for "Not Up On The Furniture."

009.JPG

And yes, Sam has quite the sense of humor about it too. :) :) <:3~ (He *is* a good boy- we never catch him up on the furniture otherwise, but when he does this you can almost see him belly laughing.)

Reactions: Hills Hoard
My newest rescue (ditch dog) has found the same loophole in the furniture by-laws. I feel for your husband, nothing like relaxing in your favorite chair and having a 70 pound visitor climb up to claim his legal right to use you as a politacal scape goat. Keep your webcam trained on that one foot on the ground, it leaves the floor and you have an airtight case.

Are the chair and footstool in that picture separate pieces or are they one? If separate then there's nothing you can do. He's really walking the line if it's one piece.

Yote.jpg
BMblank - Aussie has been accused of being part wolf/Coyote and there may be some wild dog in there. He was a stray and is very feral but a total lover of all things but cats. He is great with kids and other dogs and has a calming effect on both. Super gentle but totally aloof - if someone new comes over he gives a few sniffs and goes outside or lays down.

Jags - they are rare. At least here in the states and most are imported from Germany, Chech, or Poland - both her parents are from Europe. Across the pond blood tracking has been going on for 100's of years but is rather new to the states. This dog was bread to track and if she is 1/2 the tracker her reputation says she will be fun. If not she will be a good pet - I am kind of a dog guy.

This is my old avatar and shows Aussie with a deer.

Reactions: Hills Hoard
Thanks HH - along with potentially coyote I think there is some Queensland Healer in there, hence - Aussie!

Are the chair and footstool in that picture separate pieces or are they one? If separate then there's nothing you can do. He's really walking the line if it's one piece.

HA! Darn it this dog is TOO SMART for me! They are separate pieces- so technically, he can say that he's in the space between the furniture! :) <:3~

I am kind of a dog guy.
Good for you Worst case you have a new companion, which is a pretty good worst case. Nice pups for sure...

Status
Not open for further replies.