Memories of Hearth.com'ers past

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashful

Minister of Fire
Mar 7, 2012
Philadelphia
@Isaac Carlson & @gzecc have posted this year. I don't recognize most of the other names, but I've only been around a few years...

The great FWC defection? Peoppe left to go to firewood collectors?

Anyone here went to the wood burners get together in Washington DC on the mall years ago. It was a nice time.

Hogwildz, BrotherBart, and I went. So did Mellow.

Is hogwildz still lurking around here?

Whatever happened to @Smokinjay and @gammaray ?
@Smokinjay defected to another forum, as he was good buddies with some of those guys. I miss him, he always had good advice on tree felling and saw tips. If I remember correctly, he was a pro cutter. Of course, others have come along here, since.

Forgot about @gammaray. No idea!

I still see Hogz pop in from time to time, just not as frequently as the past.

Anyone heard from Jeremy Harkin @jharkin?

@Smokinjay defected to another forum, as he was good buddies with some of those guys. I miss him, he always had good advice on tree felling and saw tips. If I remember correctly, he was a pro cutter. Of course, others have come along here, since.

Forgot about @gammaray. No idea!

I still see Hogz pop in from time to time, just not as frequently as the past.

Anyone heard from Jeremy Harkin @jharkin?
I heard that @jharkin was spending most of his time when he's online on woodworking or woodturning sites. Didn't he have his own site and sell items he made?

Oh, geez... 2013? 2015? Can't remember. Ancient history. Was a big deal then, but that was a long time ago.

Oh, geez... 2013? 2015? Can't remember. Ancient history. Was a big deal then, but that was a long time ago.

What happened? Somebody made a new website and brought people with them?

Yep. One member got in a serious pissing match with the mod's, a few people shared his point of view, and the forum sort of split.

Not a huge deal, other than the few leading that charge were the most prominent posters owning Woodstock Soapstone Company stoves, which left us a little light on representation of that one venerable brand. It'd be like if Highbeam, Poindexter, webby3650, and I all disappeared at the same time, there'd probably be a bit of a hole in feedback on Blaze King issues.

But that was all many years and many hundreds of regular contributors in the past.

There was much more to the issue than this, most of which was not public. Ultimately, it was an underhanded game of control and theft by some that Craig closed the door on. The Woodstock guy was annoying with his singular monologues but not the issue. Many that left did not bring a boatload of intellectual capital along with them.

Reactions: Ashful
Status
Not open for further replies.