Might explain some of the past shortages

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonyray

Minister of Fire
Re-post of email I got from a pellet distributer about few questions I had..

Thank you TONY! Sorry about the name confusion. Well…you were lucky to get Energex. I don’t sell Energex but I haul their product for a local stove shop that at one point sold 2000 tons a year. Over the last 5 years due to the big box stores their sales dropped to about 25 loads a year. NOW they have been choked to 1 load a week if they are lucky! Exactly why I SCREAM buy early! O’Malley’s and other small mills like Barefoot sold out in August and these mills are not taking on any new distributors like myself. Encourage other friends to stay informed and buy early. Thanks for your comments. Indecently, Energex had a fire at their plant this past spring. They managed to get back on line quickly but about 8 weeks ago they had equipment failures that put them off line with production for 3 weeks. They are the biggest producers of consumer of bagged pellets in the country!
Deff had alot to do with East Coast lag time with pellet delivery's.

Re-post of email I got from a pellet distributer about few questions I had..

Thank you TONY! Sorry about the name confusion. Well…you were lucky to get Energex. I don’t sell Energex but I haul their product for a local stove shop that at one point sold 2000 tons a year. Over the last 5 years due to the big box stores their sales dropped to about 25 loads a year. NOW they have been choked to 1 load a week if they are lucky! Exactly why I SCREAM buy early! O’Malley’s and other small mills like Barefoot sold out in August and these mills are not taking on any new distributors like myself. Encourage other friends to stay informed and buy early. Thanks for your comments. Indecently, Energex had a fire at their plant this past spring. They managed to get back on line quickly but about 8 weeks ago they had equipment failures that put them off line with production for 3 weeks. They are the biggest producers of consumer of bagged pellets in the country!
Deff had alot to do with East Coast lag time with pellet delivery's.
Energex distributes most of the pellet brands sold at HD and Lowes..

Status
Not open for further replies.