Mixing pellets......

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mopar man

Jan 12, 2013
Brockway, PA
When I bought my second ton for this season they didn't burn as well as the first one. I started off with Green Gold from TSC. When I tried getting some from Lowes I ended up with Timber Heat. These pellets caused my burn pot to clog up with clumped black ash. There was still a flame and decent heat, but the pellets were starting to skip over the front of the pot. I had a dozen or so bags of the first batch, so I have been mixing the 2 together at a ratio of 3:1 (Heat to Gold). As a result my stove seems to be operating normally with no large clinkers. Is anyone else doing this? I only payed $204 for the Timber Heat so I wanted to be able to use them.

I mix my crappy Cubex with other pellets a pain but better then cleaning the burn pot.

Clumped black ash is a sign of a clogged, dirty stove. I burned the Timber heat, and they were a nice burning pellet. I think your stove and exhaust system needs a deep cleaning.

A clean stove is a happy one. Any pic's? We love pic's.:cool:

I tried the timber heat ,They were ok ,But I think the green gold is a better . At leased in my stove.
What stove do you have?

imacman next time I shut it down to vacuum it out I will have to take the pipe off the back and check it. Are the Timber Heats softwood? The ones I have look like they are made from pine sawdust.

Status
Not open for further replies.