Mmmm...Turkey

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tarmsolo60

Feeling the Heat
Dec 2, 2007
Adirondack Mountains
Not really the "Perfect Picture" with the window screen there and coming from a phone camera. But these were happening through my yard this morning!

There were 14 but I couldn't get them to stay still for the picture.

Attachments

• 0919080740.jpg
    0919080740.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 820
Mmmm, mmmmm.....drop one of those babies in a fryer (plucked and cleaned of course), and you're talkin' some good eats!

Nice stacks in the background too.

Hopefully they're keeping down the tick population and eating weed seeds as well :)

They seem to be everywhere this year. Had a hen walk right down my driveway (drove the dogs NUTS). I walked right out near her and took a picture.

never seen you come in that close!

Catskill said:
I saw a Mother and her chicks making their way across my back yard the other day.

IMG_1716.jpg

Wow that bird has had a late hatch! Hope they make it being this late in the year.

Now that's a peeping Tom....... .

Groan, and you thought I was bad... :coolsmile:

Adios Pantalones said:
...(drove the dogs NUTS)...

OK, stop me if you've heard this one. A pirate and his dogs, Rusty & Scupper, walk into a bar, and the bartender notices the dogs both have little ship's wheels hanging from their tails. The bartender says to the pirate, "Hey, did you know..." Oh, you know the rest. %-P Rick

I had a family with 5 kids around my house for the whole summertime. Was fun to watch them on their daily walk and see them grow. The Adults
were even inspecting my neighbors home (permanent residence?????), as it was for sale.

Attachments

• IMG_0973.jpg
    IMG_0973.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 622
  • IMG_1012.jpg
    IMG_1012.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 629
pelletfan said:
I had a family with 5 kids around my house for the whole summertime. Was fun to watch them on their daily walk and see them grow. The Adults
were even inspecting my neighbors home (permanent residence?????), as it was for sale.

Nice neighbors to have on the wing and leg!

Hey, did you get your new stove yet? Necessary very soon, as it gets cooler every night.

Kept my trap shut when I saw this the first time. The turkeys have been going nuts lately here for sure. Going to wet my chops with a freebee bird that has been in the freezer for a while...

I saw 19 of them strut through my neighbors yard the other day. It is amazing that I see them all the time while driving, walking through the yard, etc, but I never see a damn thing when I am out trying to hunt the suckers.

Tricky those birds! That's how they get to last until late November every year. Then somehow appear on so many dinner tables.

pelletfan said:

Looks like you got two hens with their babies there. Like most males in nature, once the hen is knocked up they disappear. I have noticed quite frequently that hens will pair up and 'raise' their little ones toghether.

Also, if anyone cares, baby turkeys are called poults, not chicks.

Status
Not open for further replies.