Modded my Mt Vernon AE fire pot ! Wow!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Truels2

Feb 22, 2021
I cut the slot in my igniter bracket off my fire pot . Wow did this make a huge difference with lighting the stove ! Seemed like eternity for it to light before I did this . I suggest anyone who hasn’t done this to do it !

I cut the slot in my igniter bracket off my fire pot . Wow did this make a huge difference with lighting the stove ! Seemed like eternity for it to light before I did this . I suggest anyone who hasn’t done this to do it !
Have you got a picture you can share?

This is not my picture but as you can see this slot comes factory on the newer fire pots. I did this myself with a drill and dremel it allows more air flow to the igniter which is suppose to prolong the igniter and lesson the ignite time of the pellets.
pic1.jpg