More Pellets For Southern Maine

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

www_godzilla

Oct 24, 2008
Portland,Maine
I just received a call from The Hearth Doctor in Gray,Maine. Their telephone # is 1-207-657-5397. They are selling LG Granules at $280 ton. Just thought I would let everyone know that.

I mentioned that same thing to him.

i just called aubachon in lewiston and they want 314$ for a ton of corinth

highway robbery

I picked up a half ton of Greene Team from Lowes to get me though the
season. They were 5.97 a bag. 300/ ton.

Im regreting doing this as HHO is now $1.65/gal. Maybe I should have let the pellets run out,
and heat with oil the remainder?

$314 a ton IS robbery, but people dont have to pay that price.
Something has to give here!!

$280 is still really high no matter what the dealer tells you

FYI
Blanchard's Fuel in Turner has Northeast Pellets for $285/ton. (Like to see $250 or lower!!)
I bought 2 bags and they seemed to burn well.

LG have been the best that I have burned!!
I wouldn't mind having 4 tons of LG for next Wintah!!

I am glad I already have all my pellets for next year so I don't have to pay these high prices.

$314 a ton IS robbery, but people dont have to pay that price.
Something has to give here!!

Unfortunately it could the price of oil....going up!
Who knows, $280 may look like a bargain next year and we may be kicking ourselves for not buying.
Im keeping my eyes and ears open for any deals in the next few months just to be safe.

What's a GOOD price in New England? I mean, whats NOT "highway robbery"

ok, joof, but since the pellets arent pumped outta the ground, they have their own prices........comparing pellets to oil on the retail side would seem to be like comparing a motorcycle to a Hummer.......both get you to work, so they cost the same? So, I was just curious, as to what's thought of as a "fair" price here in New England?

Status
Not open for further replies.