more troubles in Pergatory house dishwasher problems now yikes

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

jeanw

Feeling the Heat
Sep 23, 2008
ky
Hubby got up and said I forgot to turn back on dishwasher. Later found out its sticks on the last wash or rinse cycle right before "drying" I guess it would keep doing that part till it "burned up".. duh
so we have to get up wee hrs and advance it back to just before beginning of cycle. it will pump out then
The click the timer around to "driyng"... I use to air dry before we moved here... but with our situation I feel more comfortable with heat drying
been reading Hubby watching you tubes.. Unfortunately I cant find if I even bought a DIY repair guide for dishwashers..I bought them for washer, refrigerators and ovens.....
wel lots of readings say "clean timers 'contacts ' " before buying a new timer or even checking thermostst..
It is a portable Frigidaire(we later built it in) model number FDP750RGs0 Dont want a new DIGITAL crap.... had that at prev home and its a pain with all the error cods etc.... My fav DW was my "Creda"... boo hoo. simply analog "dial"
any other suggestions ?
thanks yall really apprec yalls input

Not sure what you are asking. All you can do is take it apart clean the contacts and inspect and test everything. Honestly i have had much better luck with digital ones than that damn dial.

Not sure what you are asking. All you can do is take it apart clean the contacts and inspect and test everything. Honestly i have had much better luck with digital ones than that damn dial.
Hubby cleaned the contact and sprayed them with a speciality cleaner... next I guess check thermostat. didnt help
Anytime I had digital too much money to replace parts more to go wrong plus if not there will blink and make sounds....
thanks

Hubby cleaned the contact and sprayed them with a speciality cleaner... next I guess check thermostat. didnt help
Anytime I had digital too much money to replace parts more to go wrong plus if not there will blink and make sounds....
thanks
Local appliance repair and part guys phone not working...He didnt return call.... priced the thermostat and it $28 something dollars... Timer close to $200 dollars
so will have to put up with DW for a few more days and manually advance the timer

When the dishwasher doesn't work, I buy a new sponge. Washing by hand might not be as convenient, but its faster than most residential dishwashers.

When mine breaks I just buy a new one. Only $500.

The new one use much less energy and water and do a much better job of cleaning too. I tested it too by leaving garp on the dishes that the old one would have left residue. Clean. Takes a lot longer though, normal wash on mine w/o warm dry is 2.5 hours.

Reactions: sportbikerider78
I married one but that went south after 27 years, didn't bother with a new model, too much maintenance.;lol

Reactions: BrotherBart
When mine breaks I just buy a new one. Only $500.

The new one use much less energy and water and do a much better job of cleaning too. I tested it too by leaving garp on the dishes that the old one would have left residue. Clean. Takes a lot longer though, normal wash on mine w/o warm dry is 2.5 hours.

Very easy to change out too. Fixing some things is becoming a charming relic of the past.

well so far its working.... again..Hubby took out the thermostat High limiting... He placed it on a hot plate to get it "open" just like the youtuber .....Yeah back in business.....LIke I said we are trying not to spend much more on this money pit house and get out of here..
we will be lucky to get even what we paid for it....when hopefully putting HOUSE... it up for sale.... and selling soon I pray....

I bought my great uncles house and he still had all the original appliances. This westinghouse dishwasher still worked and we used it a year before I replaced it with a new energy efficient one. It had an oven element on the bottom for the drying cycle and muse have used like 20 gallons on cycle! Our 1958 wall oven is still in use.

1025639_10151438838970670_319839389_o.jpg

I bought my great uncles house and he still had all the original appliances. This westinghouse dishwasher still worked and we used it a year before I replaced it with a new energy efficient one. It had an oven element on the bottom for the drying cycle and muse have used like 20 gallons on cycle! Our 1958 wall oven is still in use.

View attachment 197940

The new ones have an oven element on the bottom too. For heating water and drying.

The new ones have an oven element on the bottom too. For heating water and drying.
Brian26
,I would have kept it....I wish I hAD acess to have gotten it....its PURTY PURTY purty to me. plain jane no digital bds to go bad etc...
I really liked my Creda with a s.s. tub but at time couldnt find a new pump motor.....we had one at other house too but it went bad too....
i prob mentioned to yall before that we had bought a used GE portable >it was old and loud. guy said it was stored most of its life...it was r is I belive a late 1960s model. Hubby trired like crazy to build it in. but coudnt do so.. took it to other house for the basement kitchen....I hope the Ah we let stay there for sev months idnt destroy it...
I keep asking Hubby to check it out when he spends the nite there occ...
Oh bought a used thermostat for this perg house Frigidare unit. So far so good...
thank yall for being theer