MS362 - I think she's coming home tonight!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NH_Wood

Minister of Fire
Dec 24, 2009
southern NH
Hey guys - well, I've been talking about moving up to the MS362 and going new on the saw. Well.......found a MS362 on CL which is near perfect - bought in Dec 2012 with a couple of tanks of gas through the saw - talked to the owner - very knowledgeable saw guy - he wanted to move up to a MS461. Everything seems perfect on the saw, so I'm going to take a chance. $550 + 3 chains and a gallon of Stihl pre-mix. Seems like a pretty good deal. I just bought a nearly new Echo CS-550P last night for $200, so I think I can make at least $100 on that saw, another $100 on the MS391 I just bought, and sell my 039 for at least $250. If all this works, I'm moving up to the 362 for about $100 - sounds good to me! Supposed to meet the seller tonight - if it works out, I'll have some photos real soon!!!!

Cheers!

Mike - yes, pretty funny - looks like a great saw, so figured I'd jump - if it's as good as it looks, I'll save about $150 off retail + two new new Stihl RS chains and one new Oregon full chisel chain - not bad. I'm trying not to count my chickens yet - a few hours to go until it touches down - anything can happen!! Cheers!

I hope it works out for you. I never mention any potential deals to anyone until after they are in my truck. Too easy for someone else to figure out where you are heading and undercut your deal.

Reactions: Thistle
Way to go.
I will get one someday too.
362.jpg

Drove by the dealer twice today...so wanted to stop again
Had to get the garden planted and fix the fridge/icemaker so no dice today.

I picked up a used ms362 a couple of weeks ago for $300 and absolutely love it. It has an 18 inch bar and I put a new chain on it. My son and I cut up about 2 cords of elm and it cut through everything like a light saber. I have never had a nicer saw in my hands. No more garage sale Poulans for me! Lol

The eagle has landed!!! Worked out perfect - this saw is absolutely mint - looks like a dealer fired it up and test cut for a buyer. Runs incredibly smooth - I'm in love with this saw - need to go cut with it soon - hoping I can find some time on Thursday. Too late for pics - I'll get them tomorrow. I'm a very happy camper tonight!! Time to get the other saws sold to offset the cost of this one (or, tell me wife I sold them and hide them somewhere......). Cheers!!!

Damn screaming face.........I have to ease up on the exclamation points!! Damn, did it again! Cheers!

3 !!! Exclamation points In a row !!! Oh my !!! lol

The 362 is a fine machine. Waiting on pics ;)

The eagle has landed!!! Worked out perfect - this saw is absolutely mint - looks like a dealer fired it up and test cut for a buyer. Runs incredibly smooth - I'm in love with this saw - need to go cut with it soon - hoping I can find some time on Thursday. Too late for pics - I'll get them tomorrow. I'm a very happy camper tonight!! Time to get the other saws sold to offset the cost of this one (or, tell me wife I sold them and hide them somewhere......). Cheers!!!

You Dawg!
Jealous here
Keep us posted on how well it fits your hands :)

Will do Dave - I'll post some pics tomorrow - I feel like a proud Dad all over again! Cheers!

Will do Dave - I'll post some pics tomorrow - I feel like a proud Dad all over again! Cheers!

Not sure I can keep following the "my new MS362 threads "
They are making me drool on the keyboard . LOL ;lol

Status
Not open for further replies.