MT. Vernon AE convection fan

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

GlennG2759

Feb 14, 2022
Hudson Valley NY
I’ve had a 2012 Mt Vernon AE that has gone thru all problems people are familiar with. My problem now is I can’t seem to get the convection blower to go into HIGH, whether it be switched into on manual mode or by raising the temp in auto mode. The thermostat will indicate it’s in high but fan is not blowing as if it it was. I do have the fan in normal mode not quiet. Board has been replaced once because of broken pins on both the firepot TC and drop tube TC. New board has pins reinforced with some kind of epoxy. Stove starts, runs, and shuts down for auto clean accordingly. I’ve removed and cleaned conv. blower, replaced drop tube tc, and firepot tc. Stove has been meticulously maintained by me every season. I run approx 3 & 1/2 tons of high quality pellets a year and stove has ran great the past 5 years after I replaced the board. When these particular stoves run they run great but when they have problems they’re sometimes hard to trouble shoot. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Try cleaning the area on the drop tube that the drop tube thermocouple connects to with a wingnut Also the O end of the wire. Sometimes this area can get a little rusty or corroded and dtthermo won't read accurate enough kap

Try cleaning the area on the drop tube that the drop tube thermocouple connects to with a wingnut Also the O end of the wire. Sometimes this area can get a little rusty or corroded and dtthermo won't read accurate enough kap
Little sandpaper and a little scrubbing and that did the trick. Thanks very much for your advice, much appreciated. Glenn

Reactions: kappel15