Mt vernon e3 vacuum switch bypassed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Crawlin2slow

Oct 1, 2019
Washington state
Hoping you all can help me out. I bought my Mt. Vernon e3 about 3 years ago. I installed it myself.

Well fast forward a few years and I was cleaning the stove tonight and when I had the back opened up, I noticed that the vacuum switch has been bypassed. I'm not sure who did it but it was done before I bought it. The unit was brand new when I bought it so my only guess is that this was done during manufacturing.

Could someone let me know or post a picture of how the wires connect to the vacuum switch. Both wires are red and I'm not sure which wire connects to the posts on the switch.

15699812408828818924832997080991.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It's very disturbing to see an important safety control jumpered like that. Did you mention this to your dealer? It's a series switch circuit so it doesn't matter which wire goes on which terminal.

Reactions: Crawlin2slow
It's very disturbing to see an important safety control jumpered like that. Did you mention this to your dealer? It's a series switch circuit so it doesn't matter which wire goes on which terminal.
I'm calling them tomorrow. Not sure what they'll actually do but it's worth a shot I guess. Thanks for the quick response.

Reactions: begreen